Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Module 5




There is no doubt the selective use of podcasts is a way of engaging students and capturing their interests. I explored and joined a number of sites including podcasts.com, teachertube and wingclips. The wingclips site I found really useful as you can put the theme into the search and the clips will be outlined along with some details of that podcasts. Being an Assistant Principal I give assembly talks every fortnight to 650 students and 50 plus staff. By integrating a 1-2 minute clip from a well known video will help to engage students in the topic I'm detailing. The video clip that I will use at the first assembly back is from the movie 'We are Marshalls' and the theme will be motivation. I probably won't be creating too many podcasts but I will certainly be using podcasts that are accessible at assemblies and also with my Economics class. In having one hour lessons and having a multimedia unit, I'll be accessing relevant video clips more often into my teaching. For the visual and audio learners, I'll also be storing these onto My Classes for access by the students for their revision.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Looks like you are finding this learning journey very useful. I also like to include video clips to introduce or engage students in my lessons and after reading this blog I have investigated wingclips further. I also had to comment on another person's blog as part of module 7, hope you don;t mind that I picked you at random. Hope the boys we send you from Padstow don't give you too much grief.
    Bye, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gail and your boys from Padstow are great kids and a credit to your school. John

    ReplyDelete