Sunday, October 4, 2009

Module 7 Delicious




I was fortunate enough to have Simon Crook, the Southern Region elearning Co-ordinator, do a Professional Development session at a recent HSIE Meeting on Delicious - thanks Simon. I have already been using Delicious but to have Simon guide us through reinforced and enhanced my understanding of this service. To have the flexibility of accessing my favourite web-sites on any computer at any time is invaluable and is just another way of having greater mobility and access to the IT services that I've become dependent on. I went back after Simon's session and tagged each saved favourite site and with each new favourite site I'll just continue tagging these. This certainly makes it easier to sort through the growing number of saved sites that I have and to more quickly access the site I'm looking for. I also enabled most of my sites to be viewed publicly and I now invite anyone who like to access my public sites to respond to my blog with your details. Similarly, I'd be keen to build up my network base and to track particular topics like Boys Education.

Overall, a module that will save time and will enhance my access capability and also to become aware of other new sites that people in my network group have found useful. In total, another very useful social networking tool which I would highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment