Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Module 8 Reader Google



I can see that this function would be a great way of checking on breaking stories within chosen areas. Being an Economics teacher I have created a Folder titled Business and this will be a good way to scroll through the main stories of the day from the 4 or 5 web-sites that I have subscribed to. I can see that by then sharing this with my students they too can just scroll through the main postings within these web-sites. For example, I've subscribed to the Sydney Morning Herald and I read a number of journalist articles, particularly Ross Gittins. By scrolling through the SMH new postings I can pause at Ross Gittins new articles and read this and to ensure the students from my class also read this. Without having done too much as yet, I can see that instead of logging onto these 4 or 5 web-sites regularly, which invariably you don't do because of time restrictions, the key stories can come to me and I can decide which ones I'll read and what time. There is enormous potential with reader Google because it doesn't matter how many times I ask the students to check key web-sites, they simply won't do it.

1 comment:

  1. It was Google Reader that told me you had made it back to the land of blogging! Only two more modules to go! I'll have to check out Ross Gittins now.

    ReplyDelete